- Bad Politician
- Climate Change
- Dawson City Council
- DB School
- Founding Fathers
- Illegal immigration
- Lazy Media
- Service Provided
- Small Town
- Smart Money
- Something You Should….
- Today in American History
- Today's News
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Tired..... 3 years ago
- @ebertchicago Why do you care? 4 years ago
- RT @ezraklein: "You know there's something wrong with the job he's done as president if the best feeling you had is the day you voted fo ... 4 years ago
- RT @Jchawes: First time in my whole life I've ever watched a Republican convention, let alone ANY CONVENTION. retweet if you are watching. 4 years ago
- RT @DennisDMZ: Condi Rice didn't use a prompter. President Obama would need a prompter to say "Condi Rice didn't use a prompter." 4 years ago
Category Archives: Misc.
10) You miserable son of a bitch, Rumsfeld! You miserable, murderous war criminal! sending people to die…sending American soldiers to die with your flip comment, ‘You go to war with the army you have!’ Sending people over there overprotected you slime ball! And you call Krugman’s post repugnant? You should be in the dark, put on trial and if the same laws applied to you as we applied to the German high command your ass would have been hanged months ago! You found Krugman’s column repugnant – the balls you people have – you and Cheney and Bush and all of you! —Mike Malloy
9) We might ask ourselves how we would be reacting if Iraqi commandos landed at George W. Bush’s compound, assassinated him, and dumped his body in the Atlantic. Uncontroversially, his crimes vastly exceed bin Laden’s, and he is not a “suspect” but uncontroversially the “decider” who gave the orders to commit the “supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole” (quoting the Nuremberg Tribunal) for which Nazi criminals were hanged: the hundreds of thousands of deaths, millions of refugees, destruction of much of the country, the bitter sectarian conflict that has now spread to the rest of the region.
…Same with the name, Operation Geronimo. The imperial mentality is so profound, throughout western society, that no one can perceive that they are glorifying bin Laden by identifying him with courageous resistance against genocidal invaders. It’s like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk… It’s as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes “Jew” and “Gypsy.” — Noam Chomsky
8) My last word here out in the hallway just outside of [Lawrence O’Donnell’s] studio is that the police need to join us. In the same way the Egyptian army joined the people in Freedom Square there in Cairo. This is my appeal to the New York Police Department, the police departments all over the country. You are working class people. You’re not paid enough. You have the most dangerous job in the country, and these rich bastards on Wall Street they have ruined your 401(k)s, your pension funds, your future, your children’s future. Money that should be going to having better law enforcement has gone to needless wars in other lands. So, my appeal to the police is you are us and we are you, and join us. It’s fun. We’ll even let you beat on a bongo drum. That’s my last word. Thank you. — Michael Moore
7) You know, if a ballplayer threw a game and they get caught, they go to jail. Well, what are we going to do to the Republicans who are throwing the country?
“They’re throwing our country, and they all should be put in jail for what they’re doing, because they’re destroying our country, because they said at the beginning our one mission is to get rid of President Obama. That was their mission. They don’t care how much they destroy other people. They don’t care whether you go to work. They don’t care about anything.
“All they want to do is destroy the president. And in destroying the president of the United States, you destroy our country. They should be put in jail, each and every one of them, for throwing the country. — Palm Beach County Commissioner, Burt Aaronson
6) I wish they (Republicans) were all f*cking dead! — Dan Savage
5) You know what, man? I am going to literally — if (Palin) gets elected president, I am going to hang out on the grassy knoll all the time, just loaded and ready — because you know what? It’s for my country. It’s for my country. If I got to sacrifice myself, it’s for my country. — Christopher Titus
4) I’m prepared to keep an open mind and propose another stunt for climate sceptics – put your strong views to the test by exposing yourselves to high concentrations of either carbon dioxide or some other colourless, odourless gas – say, carbon monoxide. You wouldn’t see or smell anything. Nor would your anti-science nonsense be heard of again. How very refreshing. — Jill Singer
3) (Palin) did a disservice to every woman in America. She knew from the first month of pregnancy that kid was going to be Down’s Syndrome. It’s brain dead. A virtual vegetable. She carries it to all these different political events against abortion, she did it just because she didn’t want to say she’d had an abortion. How long is it going to live? Another 12, 15 years? Doesn’t even know it’s in this world. So what kind of compassionate conservative is she? I don’t think anybody will want her near the White House. — Larry Flynt
2) So when does SEAL Unit 6, or whatever it’s called, drop in on George Bush? Bush was responsible for a lot more death, innocent death, than bin Laden. Wasn’t he, or am I wrong here? — Mike Malloy
1) Glen Rice is a wonderful man. He’s a wonderful guy. You want (Sarah Palin) to be with somebody like [Dennis] Rodman getting up … in there. Pushing her guts up in the back of her head! …Glen Rice is a nice, mellow, docile man, non-threatening guy. You want someone like Rodman — yeah baby! Let’s get that donkey in here now. [laughter] Just imagine Palin with a big old black stallion ripping. Yeehaw! [I]n life in general you know … everybody got to get that out of their system when they get out of college,” he said. “If you’re a black man, every white girl, every uppity middle class … everybody got to get their share of love. She could always get boned out by a black person, a vote to bang her. Other than a vote to run office, the only thing she can do … she’s not a bad person because she likes black people at least in her. Sarah Palin … she met the ‘wombshifter.’ — Mike Tyson on ESPN radio
20) I get out of all of these things that many of these candidates would rather take legislation to build a time machine and go back in time to where we had, you know, no women voting, slavery was cool. I mean, it’s just kind of ridiculous. — Thomas Roberts
19) I will never stand for a national anthem again. I will turn my back and I will raise a fist. — Jesse Ventura
18) The dead in the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania were used to sanctify the state’s lust for war….Because few cared to examine our activities in the Muslim world, the attacks became certified as incomprehensible by the state and its lap dogs, the press….Our brutality and triumphalism, the byproducts of nationalism and our infantile pride, revived the jihadist movement. We became the radical Islamist movement’s most effective recruiting tool. We descended to its barbarity. We became terrorists too. The sad legacy of 9/11 is that the assholes, on each side, won. — Chris Hedges
17) L. Ron Hubbard himself was and is trying to civilize white people and make them better human beings and take away from them their reactive minds … Mr. Hubbard recognized that his people have to be civilized. — Louis Farrakhan
16) I am sorry, but if you believe the newest death of OBL, you’re stupid. Just think to yourself–they paraded Saddam’s dead sons around to prove they were dead–why do you suppose they hastily buried this version of OBL at sea? This lying, murderous Empire can only exist with your brainwashed consent–just put your flags away and THINK! — Cindy Sheehan
15) And don’t any of you, by the way, any of you guys vote Republican. I’m not supposed to say, this isn’t political. …don’t come to me if you do! You’re on your own, Jack! — Joe Biden
14) Some of these folks in Congress right now would love to see us as second-class citizens. Some of them in Congress right now with this tea party movement would love to see you and me … hanging on a tree. Some of them right now in Congress are comfortable with where we were 50 and 60 years ago but it’s a new day with a black President and a Congressional Black Caucus. — Andre Carson
13) All of you are white. Go to hell! Go to hell! Go to hell! Go to hell! — Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price
12) This is all about (Chris Christie) being a bully and a punk. I wanted to punch him in his head. — Senate President Stephen Sweeney
11) [Andrew Breitbart]…I want that bastard destroyed. Now.[…] when I say I want him destroyed I am not kidding. I want to see him penniless, homeless, begging on the street for money to buy food[…] he can die on the street so far as I’m concerned[…] let you and your rich ass Brentwood family suffer. — Tim Wise
30) I just want to tell you a little bit about what it’s like to not have Planned Parenthood. You have to add water to the formula to make it stretch. You have to give your kids Ramen noodles at the end of the month to fill up their little bellies so they won’t cry — Democrat Gwen Moore
29) I am loathe to bring up what is in our head because we don’t like to talk about it so much. But on this particular day, on Martin Luther King Day, I think this needs to be said. That imaginary person that’s going to break into your home and kill you, who does that person look like? You know, it’s not freckle-faced Jimmy down the street, is it really? I mean, that’s not what really, that’s not what really people, we never really want to talk about the racial or the class part of this, in terms of how it’s the poor or it’s people of color that we imagine that we’re afraid of. Why are we afraid? What is that, and it’s been a fear that has existed for a very, very long time. — Michael Moore
28) [I]f you go back to the year 2000, when we had an obvious disaster and – and saw that our voting process needed refinement, and we did that in the America Votes Act and made sure that we could iron out those kinks, now you have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally – and very transparently – block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote Democratic candidates than Republican candidates. And it’s nothing short of that blatant. — Debbie Wasserman Schultz
27) My fight against terrorism, to me, the biggest terrorist is Obama in the United States of America. I’m trying to fight the terrorism that’s actually causing the other forms of terrorism. You know, the root cause of terrorism is the stuff the U.S. government allows to happen. The foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists. — Lupe Fiasco
26) Herman Cain is probably well-liked by some of the Republicans because it hides the racist elements of the Republican Party, conservative movement and tea party movement. People like Karl Rove like to keep the racism very covert and so Herman Cain provides this great opportunity so he can say, ‘Look: This is not a racist anti-immigrant, anti-female, anti-gay movement. Look: We have a black man.’ And look he’s polling well and he won a straw poll. — Janeane Garofalo
25) You have what I call the ‘Get the N-word out of the White House party,’ the Tea Party…. At the end of the day, there’s a big bubble coming out of their heads saying, you know, ‘Can we just lynch him?’ — Sean Penn
24) What happened after 9/11 — and I think even people on the right know this, whether they admit it or not — was deeply shameful. [The] atrocity should have been a unifying event, but instead it became a wedge issue. Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. And then the attack was used to justify an unrelated war the neo-cons wanted to fight, for all the wrong reasons….The memory of 9/11 has been irrevocably poisoned; it has become an occasion for shame. And in its heart, the nation knows it. — Paul Krugman
23) President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Missouri, on Sunday, but you know what they’re talking about? Like this right-wing slut, what’s her name, Laura Ingraham? Yeah, she’s a talk slut. You see, she was, back in the day, praising President Reagan when he was drinking a beer overseas. But now that Obama’s doing it, they’re working him over. — Ed Schultz
22) Herman Cain’s shtick is a version of race minstrelsy where he performs “authentic negritude” as wish fulfillment for White Conservative fantasies. Like the fountain at Lourdes, Cain in his designated role as black Conservative mascot, absolves the White racial reactionaries at CPAC of their sins. This is a refined performance that Black Conservatives have perfected over many decades and centuries of practice. — Chauncey DeVega
21) The issue here is not gonna be a list of accomplishments. As you said yourself, Steve, you know, I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln. — Barack Obama
40) We are taking away a choice that continues to let people waste their own money. — Energy Secretary Steven Chu on banning incandescent lightbulbs
39) If you say that we should not educate children who have come into our state for no other reason than they have been brought there by no fault of their own, I don’t think you have a heart. — Rick Perry
38) They’re sitting on the money, they’re using it for their own — they’re putting it someplace else with no interest in helping you with your life, with that money. We’ve allowed them to take that. That’s not theirs, that’s a national resource, that’s ours. We all have this — we all benefit from this or we all suffer as a result of not having it. — Michael Moore
37) It [the Republican successes in the 2010 elections] happened for the same reason the Civil War happened in the United States. It happened because the Southern states, the slaveholding states, didn’t want to see a president who was opposed to slavery. In this case, I believe, a lot of people in the United States don’t want to be governed by an African-American, particularly one who is liberal, who wants to spend money and who wants to reach out to include everyone in our society…. — Democratic Congressman Jim Moran
35) On so many levels (S.E. Cupp’s) a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work of Planned Parenthood does. — Keith Olbermann
34) Zionists dominate the government of the United States of America and her banking system. — Louis Farrakhan
33) One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy. I think he giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think he’s a black man who knows his place. I know that’s harsh, but that’s how it sure seems to me. —Karen Finney
32) I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay, you know, the ability to pay back anything over $100 million [of] personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of $100 million. And if they are unable to live on that amount of that amount then they should, you know, go to the reeducation camps and if that doesn’t help, then being beheaded. —Roseanne Barr, estimated net worth: $80 million
31) Our president is committing war crimes. What does that make him? A war criminal.– Cynthia McKinney
50) Take the vehicle, I have 10 more. Police don’t have anything else (expletive) to do except (expletive) with me. Do you know who I am? — Allen Iverson
49) Storms Kill Over 250 Americans In States Represented By Climate Pollution Deniers — ThinkProgress Headline
48) I’m in, like, dating Babylon. Like, I go on dates with men and, literally, like Sarah Palin will come up in like the first 20 minutes, and that doesn’t put me in the mood. Like, talking about Sarah Palin. And they just want to know gossip, and I’m just kind of taking a little hiatus from dating right now, because I just don’t want to talk about Sarah Palin. —Meghan McCain
47) I can’t say with certitude. My system was hacked. Pictures can be manipulated, pictures can be dropped in and inserted. — Anthony Weiner explaining away the crotch shots he sent out to women on Twitter
46) Look at, look, the Tea Partiers, who are controlling the Republican Party….Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term. What’s, what does that, what underlines that? ‘Screw the country. We’re going to whatever we do to get this black man, we can, we’re going to do whatever we can to get this black man outta here.’… It is a racist thing. — Morgan Freeman
45) Do you think this Constitution-loving is getting out of hand? — Joy Behar
44) A good place to start a more civil dialog would be for my Republican colleagues in the House to change the name of the bill they have introduced to repeal health care reform. The bill, titled the “Repeal the Job Killing Health Care Law Act,” was set to come up for a vote this week, but in the wake of Gabby’s shooting, it has been postponed at least until next week.
Don’t get me wrong — I’m not suggesting that the name of that one piece of legislation somehow led to the horror of this weekend — but is it really necessary to put the word “killing” in the title of a major piece of legislation? — Chellie Pingree, Congresswoman (D-ME)
43) We’ve been a little bit lazy, I think, over the last couple of decades. We’ve kind of taken for granted — well, people will want to come here and we aren’t out there hungry, selling America and trying to attract new business into America. —Barack Obama
42) The Republican Party is saying that the President of the United States has bosses, that the union bosses this President around, the unions boss him around. Does that sound to you like they are trying to consciously or subconsciously deliver the racist message that, of course, of course a black man can’t be the real boss? — Lawrence O’Donnell
41) I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Fla., after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that (Gardasil) vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter. — Michele Bachmann spreads a vaccine conspiracy theory
There are too many to list here so here is the link to the top viral videos of 2011. One of my favorites is the honey badger.
Did you know that…
There is a distinction between a Christmas carol and a Christmas song. A Christmas Carol has a fairly rapid, regular beat, which would, therefore, exclude a meandering, crooning song such as “White Christmas”.
The world’s most famous Christmas carol is “Silent night”.
“Jingle Bells” was originally named, “One-Horse Open Sleigh”, and was written for Thanksgiving, not for Christmas.
Charles Dickens’s story, “A Christmas Carol”, is the world’s most read Christmas story.
In 2003, the Austrian Trade Union Federation, representing 100,000 workers, claimed that the non-stop playing of Christmas carols in shopping malls was “psychological terror”.
We need more people like this. This is how things get better. Taking care of each other, helping each other.
Could it be that everyone’s favortie media star is talking out of his butt? Apparently yes.
If anyone wants to be taken seriously, please be consistent. How many people complained about Bush and his vacations? That’s all they could talk about. I just ask you do the same for Obama.
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil. Plato
By commentator2 |
Ya know, someone needs to pay. Yep you’re right, but it ain’t me.
So the OWS kids seem to be fond of the Guy Fawkes masks. Particularly the Guy Fawkes mask from the movie V for Vendetta. Which is owned by Warner Brothers. Who are part of the “1%”. Isn’t that called irony?
By commentator2 | | |
Adam Carolla nails the occupiers to the wall. Must listen. Warning: Some naughty language.
Can you believe how DUMB this guy is? How stupid can you be? English embassy? What the?